Friday 30 March 2012

Bhai Balwant Singh Ji Rajoana


Bhai Balwant Singh Ji Rajoana. This Singh was one of the masterminds behind the killing of Punjab Chief Minister Beant Sinh, who was responsible for the death of over 50,000 young Sikhs (in extra judicial killings by the Indian Govt). This Singh was to be hanged till death, but his punishment would have been less severe if he asked for mercy, which this self-respecting Soorma rejected. Instead this Lion of the Guru requested that the government should execute him when they want to.

He shows no fear of death, like a true Guru ka Singh. His last wish is that any parts of his body be donated to those who need them, and that his eyes be donated to the blind Raagi of Darbar Sahib, Amritsar. In this way, his eyes can continue to have Darshan of Maharaaj even when he's gone.

"His is a rare case where an accused in a murder case, after being awarded death penalty, had not only chosen not to go for an appeal but even kept on asking to hang him as early as possible."

One more name to the long list of Sikh Shaheeds... Please remember him in your prayers...



The first part of Bhai Sahib Jee's will:

Ik Onkar

Oh Kabir, there is nothing of mine in this life,
Whatever is there, is yours.
If I surrender what is yours, unto Thee,
What do I lose or pay?

Bhagat Kabir, Guru Granth Sahib

Accepting the Omnipresence of Akal Purakh (God Almighty), I hereby swear an oath that, after my death, all the parts of my body which can benefit any person are pledged to the highest temporal authority of the Sikhs, Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

It is my earnest wish that after my death, my eyes may kindly be given to Hazuri Ragi of Sri Darbar Sahib Harmandar Sahib, Bhai Lakhwinder Singh, who is blind, so that through him, my eyes continue to revere holy Darbar Sahib. For medical or other reasons, in case this is not possible, then my eyes may be given to any other needy person.

In addition to this any other part of my body (heart, kidney or any other) which can be beneficial to any other person, may be given to that person.


How beautiful and abundant is the pyaar of this Gursikh??

No comments:

Post a Comment