Saturday 5 February 2011

Music Quotes

How important is music? Some say it's linked to the soul, whereas others see it as mere entertainment. Some use it for leisure, some as a form of expression, or some as a coping mechanism. Some use it as a tool to put accross ideas or messages, and some just see it as something to relax to. Here is how some famous musical people interpret music.
  • After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. Aldous Huxley 
  • I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music. Billy Joel 
  • I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water. Ray Charles 
  • If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music. Gustav Mahler  
  • Music can change the world because it can change people. Bono 
  • Music has charms to sooth a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak. William Congreve 
  • Music in the soul can be heard by the universe. Lao Tzu 
  • Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato 
  • Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue. Plato  
  • Music is very spiritual, it has the power to bring people together. Edgar Winter 
  • Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. Berthold Auerbach  
  • One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. Bob Marley  
  • Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies.  ~Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
  •  The pause is as important as the note.  ~Truman Fisher
  • Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate.  ~Arnold Bennett
  • Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words.  ~Robert G. Ingersoll 
  • Music has been my playmate, my lover, and my crying towel.  ~Buffy Sainte-Marie
  • Music is an outburst of the soul.  ~Frederick Delius
  • Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life.  ~Ludwig van Beethoven
  • There is nothing in the world so much like prayer as music is.  ~William P. Merrill
  •  Music is what feelings sound like.  ~Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment